Ontario Creates is an agency of the provincial government whose mandate is to be a catalyst for economic development, investment and collaboration in Ontario’s creative industries including the music, book, magazine, film, television and interactive digital media sectors, both domestically and internationally.
Ontario Creates’ Film Commission develops and manages critical business relationships with producers, service providers, vendors and stakeholders, including trade associations and other organizations, and spearheads valuable capacity building initiatives that contribute to consistent and responsible industry growth. We have a robust selection of studio and support spaces, currently at almost 4 million sq. ft., and growing by over 2 million sq. ft. by 2024.
The Commission provides complimentary location scouting and facilitation services to producers considering the province for shooting and post-production. In 2020, Ontario Creates’ production consultants provided almost 100 film and television projects with bespoke location image packages and jurisdictional advice, using one of the industry’s most comprehensive location photo libraries.
The Ontario Creates Film Fund is intended to increase the level of domestic feature film production in Ontario. It provides support to Ontario producers for feature film projects with development and production financing. Marketing and Distribution support is also available for films that have been supported via Film Fund-Production.
Ontario Creates is committed to delivering high-impact support that creates jobs and economic opportunities for Ontarians and that contributes to an advantageous business environment for growth. Through targeted programs and services, support for innovation, and by leveraging public and private partnerships, Ontario Creates builds the capacity and competitiveness of the Provinces’ creative industries to deliver award-winning content that is enjoyed by audiences across Ontario and around the world. We are happy to welcome you to the province with your upcoming projects, whether you are a first-time visitor or a repeat client.
- Karen Thorne-Stone – President and CEO - KThorne-Stone@ontariocreates.ca
- Jennifer Blitz – Director, Tax Credits & Financing Programs - JBlitz@ontariocreates.ca
- Justin Cutler – Ontario Film Commissioner – JCutler@ontariocreates.ca
- Erin Creasey – Manager, Industry Initiatives - ECreasey@ontariocreates.ca
- Marc Fiorentino – Toronto/Ontario LA Film Office - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Dunn – Ontario Green Screen Initiative - email@example.com
- Doug Till – Marketing Consultant – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janice Reid Johnston – Marketing Consultant – email@example.com
- Claudia Caravaggio – Location Library Team Lead – firstname.lastname@example.org